Wednesday 8 January 2014

More dining chairs in Welsh wool


A set of hardwood dining chairs reupholstered in Melin Tregwynt Mondo Sage doublecloth.



The customer liked how the darker shaded spots not only match the wood colour, but mirror the carved circles on the back spindles. I rather like this too. And I love how the spots form nice straight lines - I love straight lines.




This reproduction dining set was of no real quality but now looks better than anything you can buy on the High Street. You can easily pick up a set of dining chairs at auction for under £50 - give them to me and I'll reupholster them for roughly £30 each plus the cost of the fabric. Four upholstered dining chairs in a spectacular fabric for less than £250 - even Ikea can't match that...




These were a commission.

1 comment: