Thursday 14 May 2015

Ercol Armchair and Ottoman

Here's an Ercol 'Piccolla' armchair and ottoman reupholstered in a zigzag weave.


The fabric is by Harlequin (who I never want to have to deal with again) and seems to me to be suspiciously reminiscent of the wildly expensive Missoni 'Kew' fabric...





Working with pattern like this on a curvy chair means you have to make decisions about where and when to match the pattern. These arm cushions with gathered pleats underneath meant I had to abandon my love of love of geometry and give in to the design. And that's never a bad thing.

This was a commission

1 comment:

  1. I am happy to find this post Very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I Always prefer to read The Quality and glad I found this thing in you post. Thanks
    fauteuil club

    ReplyDelete