Thursday 7 June 2012

Bus Stop Cushion

I saw a lady perched on the undignified and rather stingy bench seat in a local bus stop and decided to make a cushion to ease things a little.


It needed a bespoke cushion so I measured up first - it is just over 3 metres long. I also measured up for some ties to stop it slipping.


I used only waste stuffing and fabrics from other stripped chairs and a few scraps from recent jobs. It's at the Square & Compass roundabout on the A40 near Llangadog - you can see the top of Llyn y Fan Fach in the background.


It rolled-up nicely for the 'quick while no-one's looking' guerilla install.


I added a quote that had been tickling me ever since Roberto Mancini said it on Match of the Day.





3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, So the mystery is revealed.It's my local bus stop. Thank You :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha, I've been rumbled. Actually I removed it because it was getting pretty grotty, keep your eyes peeled for a replacement some time.

      Delete