Tuesday 3 June 2014

Ercol Suite in Eleanor Pritchard wool fabric

An Ercol Windsor suite in Eleanor Pritchard Totley 100% wool.


Once again, brilliant customers who are prepared to take risks - they wanted a single bench seat on the two-seater to make it more contemporary (which I think is a brilliant idea) and allowed me to convince them to ditch the fitted back cushion shapes so that the spindles are more exposed.



The fabric is astonishing - probably the best quality fabric I've ever used. The customers are from London and asked specifically for this fabric - I couldn't believe my luck because I've been following Eleanor Pritchard's career for quite a while and when she recently came up with an upholstery range I was all over it. It's woven in Scotland but is from a very Welsh tradition, it's a doublecloth with reverse colouring on each side - my favourite. We used the reverse on the backs of the feather cushions...





...and reversed it again for the armchair.





Just look at it.

Want one of these?

Yes, I thought so.



1 comment: