Wednesday 23 March 2016

Three Piece Suite in British Wool

A rare opportunity to see some of my work in situ - a lovely little three piece suite reupholstered in Camira wool fabric.




This suite was made in the 90's by Duresta in the UK and is thus very high quality. As it had fire certs and was in almost as-new condition beneath the light-damaged fabric, all I had to do was add feathers to the cushions and re-cover it.



I realise my photography is a far cry from those interiors magazines but the suite looks very smart in this graphite wool fabric doesn't it? And it's not every day I get to place my work in a grand Georgian pile such as this. I just need to remember - 'next time, close the interior doors when you're photographing.'



Look how well the curved back of the sofa would have mirrored the curve of the lamp table - particularly if  I'd closed that door...

This was a commission.


No comments:

Post a Comment