Friday 16 September 2016

Child's Chair in Melin Tregwynt wool fabric


Late 19th Century child's chair reupholstered in Melin Tregwynt St.David's Cross 100% wool


This was originally a rush seat which I replaced with webbing and upholstery. Rush seating has tapered rails to cater for the double weave required at the corners. This makes the corners very difficult to anchor when upholstering so I used some upholstery buttons and secured them underneath.


I've never seen this before but I think it gives a smart finish and adds a little detail which can't be a bad thing eh?

Child's chairs make great gifts and I can often find a small offcut from another project to cover with, making it very inexpensive. Got a little chair in the loft? Then what are you waiting for?

This was a commission



No comments:

Post a Comment